Friday, October 06, 2006

St. Therese Speaks to Us - Love of God

"In times of aridity when I am incapable of praying, of practising virtue, I seek little opportunities, mere trifles, to give pleasure to Jesus; for instance a smile, a pleasant word when inclined to be silent and to show weariness. If I find no opportunities, I at least tell Him again and again that I love Him; that is not difficult and it keeps alive the fire in my heart. Even though this fire of love might seem to me extinct I would still throw little straws upon the embers and I am certain it would rekindle." Excerpted from a letter to her sister Celine.

Oh little St. Therese, instill in our hearts a love of your little way. Help us to see the graces that come to us when we give of ourselves to others out of love for You.

This photograph of St. Therese's hair and other inspirational items about her can be purchased from our webstore The Little Way.

No comments: