Tuesday, September 19, 2006

September with St. Therese - September 19

Welcome to our series tracing the last month of St. Therese's life on this earth which was September 1897. It's called September with St. Therese and I hope you will visit here every day for an inspirational message about our dear little saint.

We will bring you excerpts from Her Last Conversations and Novissima Verba which follow her struggle the last few months of her life. On days for which there are no specific quotes, I will select a passage from one of her writings.

"We had brought her a bouquet of dahlias from outside; she gazed at them with pleasure, running her fingers ever so gently through the petals!
After Father Denis' First Mass, she asked to see his chalice, and because she was looking for a long time at the bottom of the cup, someone asked: "Why are you looking so intently at the bottom of the chalice?"
'Because my reflection is there; when I was Sacristan, I used to love doing this. I was happy to say to myself: My features are reflected in the place where the Blood of Jesus rested and where it will descend again.
How many times, too, have I thought that at Rome, my face was reproduced in the eyes of the Holy Father.' Excerpted from Her Last Conversations.

St. Therese, open our hearts to accept the sufferings that Jesus sends us. Teach us your litle way and help us to see the graces that can come from joining our sufferings to the passion of Jesus.

No comments: