Thursday, September 07, 2006

September with St. Therese - September 7

"Welcome to our series tracing the last month of St. Therese's life on this earth which was September 1897. It's called September with St. Therese and I hope you will visit here every day for an inspirational message about our dear little saint.

We will bring you excerpts from Her Last Conversations and Novissima Verba which follow her struggle the last few months of her life. On days for which there are no specific quotes, I will select a passage from one of her writings.

"She had not said a word about her day, and I was thinking in the afternoon: Today I'll have nothing to write.
'But almost immediately she said;
"Ah! there isn't a soul like..."
'After this, she began to shed huge tears for fear that she had caused me trouble in a circumstance about which I wasn't even aware." Excerpted from Her Last Conversations.

St. Therese, open our hearts to accept the sufferings that Jesus sends us. Teach us your little way and help us to see the graces that can come from joining our sufferings to the passion of Jesus.

No comments: