Tuesday, November 21, 2006

St. Therese Speaks to Us - Faith

"I have asked God to send me a beautiful dream to console me when you are gone," said a novice. 'Ah! that is a thing I should never do - ask for consolation! ... Since you wish to be like me you well know that I say: "Oh! fear not, Lord, that I shall waken Thee: I await in peace th' eternal shore..." 'It is so sweet to serve the good God in the dark night of trial; we have this life only in which to live by faith." Excerpted from Counsels and Reminiscences

Oh little St. Therese, instill in our hearts a love of your little way. Help us to accept sufferings without consolation for love of you.

This photo of St. Therese taken one month before her death and other inspirational items about her can be purchased from our webstore The Little Way.

No comments: