Friday, November 10, 2006

St. Therese Speaks to Us - Gratitude

"Walking one day in the garden, leaning on one of her sisters, Therese paused to enjoy the fascinating sight of a little white hen sheltering its chickens beneath its wings. Very soon her eyes filled with tears, and turning to her dear companion she said; "I can stay no longer, let us go in again quickly..." And in her cell, her tears continued falling and she could not utter a word. At last, looking at her sister with an expression that was quite heavenly, she said:

"I was thinking of our Lord, and of the touching comparison He chose in order to make us believe in his tenderness. That is just what He has done for me all my life: He has wholly hidden me beneath His wings! I cannot express what passed within my heart. Ah! the good God does well to veil Himself from my sight, to show me the effects of His Mercy rarely, and as it were, "through the lattices;" such consolations would, I feel, be more than I could bear. " Excerpted from Story of a Soul

Oh little St. Therese, instill in our hearts a love of your little way. Help us to see our littleness and nothingness as graces given to us by God. Help us to see and acknowledge the signs of gratitude in our lives.

This photo of St. Therese in death and other inspirational items about her can be purchased from our webstore The Little Way.

No comments: