Friday, October 20, 2006

St. Therese Speaks to Us - Confidence


"Truly I am far from being a saint. I ought not to rejoice at the aridity of my soul but attribute it to the scantiness of my fervour and fidelity. I ought to grieve because I fall asleep very often during my prayer and my thanksgiving. Well, I do not grieve! I reflect that little children when they sleep are as pleasing to their parents as when they are awake; that in order to perform operations, doctors put their patients to sleep; in fine, that the Lord knoweth our frame, He remembereth that we are but dust." Excerpted from Story of A Soul.

Oh little St. Therese, instill in our hearts a love of your little way. Help us to remember our nothingness and to ever ask for your help in accepting our humanness.

This photograph of St. Therese's toys and other inspirational items about her can be purchased from our webstore The Little Way.

No comments: