Tuesday, October 03, 2006

St. Therese Speaks to Us -Little Mortifications

"Another time I was in the laundry opposite a Sister who while washing handkerchiefs splashed me every minute with dirty water. My first impulse was to draw back and wipe my face, so as to show her who besprinkled me in that fashion, that she would oblige me by working more quietly; but I reflected immediately that it was very foolish to refuse treasures so generously offered me, and I took good care not to show my annoyance. On the contrary, I made such successful efforts to wish for a plentiful splashing of dirty water, that at the end of half an hour I had really acquired a taste for this new sort of aspersion, and I determined to come again as often as possible to a place where happily such riches could be had gratuitously. " Excerpted from Story of A Soul.

Oh little St. Therese, instill in our hearts a love of your little way. Help us to see the graces that can come to us from all of those little mortifications that we can offer to Our Good Lord.

This bookmark and other inspirational items about St. Therese can be purchased from our webstore The Little Way.

No comments: