Monday, October 09, 2006

St. Therese Speaks To Us - Prayer

"Prayer is, for me, an outburst from the heart; it is a simple glance darted upwards to Heaven; it is a cry of gratitude and of love in the midst of trial as in the midst of joy! In a word, it is something exalted, supernatural, which dilates the soul and unites it to God. Sometimes when I find myself spiritually, in dryness so great that I cannot produce a single good thought, I recite very slowly a Pater or an Ave Maria; these prayers alone console me, they suffice, they nourish my soul. " Excerpted from Story of A Soul.

Oh little St. Therese, instill in our hearts a love of your little way. Help us to pray.

This picture of St. Therese as a novice and other inspirational items about her can be purchased from our webstore The Little Way.

No comments: